Alyssa's Peace Corps Megadventure

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Success?

Yesterday, in my continuing war against the bedbugs, I rehung my mosquito net, as I hung it backwards the first time, and with unwaxed dental floss...not exactly reliable. I also decided it would be a good idea, though no one who deals with bedbugs regularly has ever suggested this, to clean my mattress and sleeping bag with rubbing alcohol. The problem is that even the rubbing alcohol here is somehow grape-based, so my bed sort of smells like a Pisco hangover. I committed to sleeping naked, so as not to carry any questionable insects into my bed. (This actually started as a joke, and then Flor said that ''the doctors'' here actually recommend it.) One night this week, I attempted to sleep naked and covered in Deet, but the bedbugs still found a way, the bottoms of my feet or something.

So while I admit that bedbugs have turned me into a crazy person, I have to say, I only got one bite last night. Success, I think.

That little children's good-night saying will never, ever be cute again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home