Alyssa's Peace Corps Megadventure

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

An entry to placate but not satisfy by any means

I have not updated in far too long, and this weighs heavily on me, but I have just 9 minutes left on my internet time.

The highlights!
-Reconnect was last week on the beach in Huanchaco, Trujillo. It was amazing to see everyone from Peru 8 and hear their experiences and ideas. I came back a level of inspired that I hadn't previously felt. I am ready to get moving on stuff here in Santo Domingo.
-I have improved my quality of life by a frightening amount with one simple purchase: a stamp with the Peace Corps Peru insignia, "Alyssa Domzal, Voluntaria de Cuerpo de Paz," and a line for my signature. I have taken to stamping everything with it, not just the official municipality papers that semi-require it. I am so important, suddenly.
-I am planning a river cleanup for the 31st with kids from the colegio. The 30 lucky kids that clean the river get to go to 4 English classes in March that I will be teaching. Teachers that want to attend the English class get to help me run the cleanup and control the class. A fair trade, all around.


To the RPCV who commented on my last entry about Santo Domingo and Piura in the 70s: I am fascinated by this. Please email me at ajdomzal at gmail dot com so I can tell you all about everything.

More soon, yo prometo.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. I feel sated, if not satisfied.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weighs heavily, huh...¿Te cae gordo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home